Millgate Arts Centre has launched an appeal to raise funds towards modern, comfortable seating and a complete refurbishment of the auditorium in Summer 2019. We are asking for a little bit of help to provide flexibility for a wide range of shows and to accommodate more people (including accessible seating).
You can support the appeal in a number of ways . . .
- Make a donation online by visiting our Big Give webpage
- Sponsor a chair for £150 (see details below – you can also choose to Gift Aid your donation). You can choose the seat you want to sponsor online at TicketSource. There are 157 seats available and more than half have been sponsored so far.
- Send a cheque payable to the Millgate Arts Centre Ltd at the address below.
- For larger donations please contact John Tanner at Johntanner@tannerbrothers.co.uk or telephone 07802 385591.
Sponsor a chair for as little as £10 a month
We offer flexible ways to pay:
- One-off payment of £150
- Standing Order of £50 for 3 years
- Standing Order for £10 a month over 15 months
To recognise your gift we will:
- Add your name onto a plaque on the chair you choose
- Give you a Certificate of Thanks
- Send you a regular newsletter as a Friend of the Auditorium
- Allow priority booking at the beginning of the season so you can book your seat for the shows you want to see
How do I sign up?
You can choose the seat you want to sponsor online at TicketSource and either make a one-off donation £150 (with Gift Aid) or just make a commitment to a seat and we’ll send you a Standing Order and Gift Aid form. We also can help you sign-up at the Theatre, or you can telephone Ian Shepherd on 01457 874644.
Support us now and become a Friend of the Millgate Auditorium
A little about the Millgate Arts Centre and Saddleworth Players
Saddleworth Players formed in the 1920s and originally toured around Saddleworth, performing in the old Mechanics building in Delph and in 1972 moved into the current Theatre. The Players built the Theatre out of that shell: built the stage, created a raked auditorium and installed second hand Edwardian cinema seats. Millgate Arts Centre was created in 2007 as a community for Creative Arts in Delph.
Millgate Arts Centre is not only the home of Saddleworth Players who perform a season of five plays, supporting local charities with five Charity Nights each season, but is also the home to the creative arts in Saddleworth: Saddleworth Film Society, Saddleworth Concerts Society, Delph Library (where you can buy tickets to shows) and recently Saddleworth Live, offering professional touring theatre companies and shows from Yorkshire, London and the Edinburgh Fringe. We also host exhibitions from local arts groups and local schools. Children benefit from hiring the theatre for shows, loan of costumes and Duke of Edinburgh Award opportunities.
In the last few years, through bequests we refurbished the changing rooms on the ground floor, replaced the leaking roof, and are now looking to refurbish the auditorium with a new ceiling, lighting, carpets and new, comfortable 21st Century theatre seating.
Millgate Arts Centre is a registered charity, no. 1119394
Millgate Arts Centre, Stoneswood Road, Delph OL3 5DY
Tel: 01457 874644